GreenWorks New Mexico, is a non-for-profit corporation based in Las Cruces, New Mexico. The organization is dedicated to community and economic development through energy efficiency initiatives.
In 2010, GreenWorks successfully administered the low-income energy efficiency weatherization program for El Paso Electric in Dona Ana County and served 255 households. We also served approximately 1,000 families in 2011.
The senior staff of the organization has over 30 years of combined experience in construction, building science, and administration of low-income based energy efficiency programs in New Mexico. They are licensed residential and commercial contractors, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Lead Renovators, RESNET HERS Raters, and certified by the Building Performance Institute (BPI) as Building Analysts. They have worked directly in the federal Weatherization Assistance Program at all levels of service-crew worker, crew chief, energy auditor, inspector, and program director. The GreenWorks NM team has been responsible for providing energy efficiency services to over 1,500 households in New Mexico since 2009.
Services May Include:
1. Weather stripping doors
2. Caulking windows and installing plastic sheeting
3. Replace light bulbs with compact fluorescent lamps (CFL's)
4. Installing a water heater insulation blanket
5. Providing power strips for energy draining equipment
6. Installing switch and receptacle gaskets
7. Insulating pipes and repairing broken ducts if accessible
8. Installing a programmable thermostat
9. Installing plumbing fixtures to conserve heater water
With no cost to tenant or property owner
If you live in the Dona Ana area and are interested in weatherizing your house or business please contact GreenWorks at 575.524.4639 or Toll Free at 855.524.2300